FREE Water System Analysis
CALL US 24/7 (239) 800-0547
CONTACT A PROFESSIONAL
Water softeners Cape Coral, Fort Myers
Why Do You Need a Water Softener in the First Place
A water softener is a device which would be much needed to a lot of households across the globe. It all comes down to the type of water which a family uses. Municipal water supplies, in general, contain a number of minerals that render a water to be “hard”. This type of water contains large amounts of dissolved calcium, magnesium, iron, and a number of other particles.
The Benefits Of Water Softening Systems
Many of these are not only a convenience. They also happen to affect your family budget positively and will lead to good results when it comes to your healthcare. So here they are in no particular order.
Skin and hair will be softer – the same goes for clothes as well. Since soft water treats your skin gently, it will also affect the fabric of your clothes favorably. The overall cleanness of your clothes will be increased
Appliances’ life will be prolonged – The lack of buildup will always yield a great effect on the functionality of your appliances and devices which use water at home.
Energy efficiency improvements – in relation to the previous point, an appliance will definitely use less energy when operational. Your heating bills should be lower but it’s not something you will necessarily feel right away.
Reduction in some soap and detergent inefficiencies – the functionality of soaps is seriously compromised when mixed with hard water. A softer water will allow your soaps and detergents to be more effective thus reducing the amounts that you require.
Surfaces will be stain-free – as mentioned above, you want to remove the cloudy residue which is left behind by hard water. A quick check on some good housekeeping water softener reviews will convince you that faucets can look quite shiny and glossy both on the outside and the inside.
What’s Bad About Hard Water
This leads to a number of domestic inconveniences and often some diseases. Hard water forces you into conducting more and thorough maintenance of your faucets and pipes. We will now take look into some of the main problems caused by hard water.
1. Traces on your dishes and faucets – you will definitely see some soap scum on your dishes and your bathroom fixtures. On whatever surface you let the water dry out, it will leave behind a cloudy film. Basically, every consumer report on water softeners in 2018 will testify that this is one of the main issues with hard water.
2. Your skin will feel it also – since some icky substance is left behind on surfaces, hard water will also make your skin feel a little bit drier and itchy. Soft water will prevent all this
3. There will be build up in your pipes – the mineral substances in water are the main reason why you see some limescale inside your pipes or shower heads. This also goes for appliances which can be pretty sensitive to hard water. This buildup leads to significant deterioration of the whole water-related infrastructure of your home.
4. Water heaters are threatened as well – hard water is one of the main causes of lower efficiency of the heating elements in water heaters. Not to mention that it might significantly damage many of the components unless timely maintenance is administered.
5. Corrosion and rust may also occur
6. Soap and shampoos are not as foamy – hard water can significantly reduce the lather of all hygiene supplies. They will not be as effective and you will notice less foam. Not a good sign, indeed.
7. Laundry won’t be as visually pleasing – clothes often feel stiffer after being washed with hard water. They will not be as vibrant and there’s a chance you will see whitish spots on them.
There are 3 basic types of water softener controls that are used in residential applications to manage the regeneration process. The control valve will manage the frequency of recharging the resin beads that clean the water and flushing the contaminated water out of the system.
The most popular of the 3 types, computerized systems regenerate based on actual water usage. If you are away on vacation or if you have guests staying, the control will adjust accordingly. Computerized controls are programmed with grain capacity of the softener, water hardness and how many people are in the home. Since this type of unit only regenerates when necessary, it is the most efficient in salt pellet usage.
This type of system regenerates based on a time clock. The control is set to run at a predetermined time, regardless of the actual amount of water that has run through the system. Timer controlled systems tend to be less costly than computerized, however salt usage tends to be higher and there may be times when un-softened water is delivered due to higher than expected demand.
Although rare, there are some applications where a manually controlled system is needed. Manual systems simply use a lever control valve that regenerate when you want it to. An example of a manual control application is when a permanent drain is not available and a hose is temporarily used to flush the waste water. It’s best to oversize the system in this case so that the system doesn’t need to be regenerated as often.
➭ About Crystal Clear Water
➭ Our Products
4940 Bayline Dr North Ft Myers, FL 33917
Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday: 8:00am - 1:00pm